Of all the Rockwell Automation TechED 2018 presentations made available last week, the first ones I went through were the “What’s New” presentations, as I’m always looking to find out what’s new and coming from Rockwell.
In today’s article I’ll review my top five Logix announcements from the “What’s New in the Integrated Architecture System Hardware” presentation.
Note: You can get your own copy of the full presentation by following the steps in my previous article here.
1) First up is a recap of the new L37 and L38 controllers that recently became available for use with version 31 of Studio 5000:
|CompactLogix 5370||Memory||Local I/O||EIP I/O Nodes||EIP Motion|
|Compact GuardLogix||STD/SAF Mem||Local I/O||EIP I/O Nodes||EIP Motion|
Those same processors are also available in “on machine” versions:
|On Machine 5370||Memory||Local I/O||EIP I/O Nodes||EIP Motion|
|On Machine Guard||STD/SAF Mem||Local I/O||EIP I/O Nodes||EIP Motion|
2) Next was a reminder of the increase Ethernet/IP limits of several of the 5380 controllers when used with v31:
|CompactLogix 5380||New EIP I/O Node Count in V31|
3) Then we have two new 5059 Safety Modules due out this September: The 5069-IB8S and OBV8S:
4) Rockwell also announced the release of a 5069 ASCII module that programs like the 1769-ASCII, and in version 31 of Studio 5000 it currently supports Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, and Generic ASCII:
5) And my fifth pick is Flex 5000 I/O due out later this month. Note: There is also a separate and quite detailed presentation available on Flex 5000:
To watch a video discussion of the above, check out Episode 45 of The Automation Podcast below:
Well, those are my picks. If you’d like to share your own picks, you can do so by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
And if you’d like to get a copy of this or any of the other Rockwell Automation TechED 2018 presentations, you can do so by following the steps in my previous article here.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
If you found this content helpful, consider buying me a coffee here.
- December 7 News: ABB, Sparkplug, Cybersecurity, Robots, Cobots, Omlox, Ethernet/IP & more (N151) - December 7, 2023
- Auvesy-MDT Octoplant: Automated Backups, Disaster Recovery, and More (P182) - December 6, 2023
- December 5 News: 50kg Robot, Ex Tablet, IOLink, Ethernet-APL, MQTT QOS, Logix/View Docs & more (N150) - December 5, 2023