Learn to confidently configure, create, edit, and deploy applications using Rockwell Software's FactoryTalk View Site Edition in ViewSE Basics
You don't need to spend thousands of dollars and several days in a classroom to learn how to configure, create, edit, and deploy Factory Talk View Site Edition applications. All you need is a Windows PC and our affordable ViewSE Basics Online Course.
ViewSE Basics is the perfect online course for those who want to learn to setup, create, edit, deploy, and troubleshoot FactoryTalk View Site Edition. Taught by a factory certified View expert with over thirty years of experience, in this course you will learn everything you need to know to get a Factory View Site Edition Station application created and deployed with confidence.
Unlike expensive factory training which either requires you to spend a week in a classroom, or provides time limited access to online lessons, our HMI and SCADA courses come with no expiration date and expert instructor support. And if you don't have a copy of ViewStudio Enterprise, we walk you through how to get a full thirty day trial license right from Rockwell – a trial license that after thirty days converts into a demo which you can continue to use for up to two hours at a time.
And for the PLC connections, the instructor provides his PLC Sample Code in MicroLogix, SLC-500/Emulate500, PLC-5, CompactLogix, and ControlLogix formats. He also shows you how to connect to each of these controllers so no matter which one you decide to use (including the free Emuate500) you'll know exactly how to set it up.
Unlike other companies whose job is done once the sale is complete, we're committed to your success and actively encourage our students to post questions in our lesson discussion area, where our expert instructors monitor during the week to answer student questions.
We also invite you to come back and retake any lesson as the need arises, which is made possible by the fact that none of our course come with an expiration date.
And when you finish your course and pass all the quizzes, you'll also be rewarded with an official Completion Certificate from from The Automation School that will list the Professional Development Hours you've earned by completing all of the course content.
Below is a summary of the topics covered in this course, and a complete lesson listing is also available in a following section:
- What FactoryTalk ViewSE is, and how to find its documentation and downloads
- Understanding how ViewSE works, including a look at four sample applications
- Creating your first ViewSE Standalone Application
- Graphic Displays and settings, Object Properties, and In-place Editing
- Testing Displays, Creating Client Files, and Editing running applications
- Using Drawing objects, Library Objects, and the Symbol Factory
- HMI System Tags, Numeric Displays, Color and Fill Animations
- Creating, editing, and duplicating Tags
- Importing Displays, Using Numeric Inputs and Slider Animation
- Tag Substitution, Tag Placeholders and Parameters, and On Top Displays
- Expressions, Derived Tags, and Events
- Setting up RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic Communications
- Direct References and HMI Device Tags
- Offline Tag Browsing and HMI Tag Importing
- Creating and using Parameter Files and Tag Placeholders
- Command Line, and creating and using Macros
- Creating and Using Global Objects
- Datalogging and Trending
- HMI Tag Alarms and Alarm and Event Alarming
- User, Group, and Application Security
- Backing up your Application
- Setting up an Operator Workstation
- Restoring and Running and Application
- Setting and Using FactoryTalk ViewPoint