In this updated course designed for those new to PLCs, students will learn how to setup, use, and program Allen-Bradley PLCs using RSLogix.
What you will learn:
- What a PLC is
- Styles and Types of PLCs
- Numbering Systems and Data Types
- What Ladder Logic is and how it works
- How to setup Serial and Ethernet Communications
- Creating, Testing, and Troubleshooting MicroLogix Programs in RSLogix
- How to integrate Push Buttons, Pilots Lights, Motors and Photo Eyes with PLC Logic
- How to use PLCs in a Motor Control and Part Sensing applications
NOTE: Are you looking for a course that covers basic and advanced topics? If you are, check out “PLC Basics Extended Second Edition” which also includes free course updates, a second copy of all the lessons for offline viewing on mobile devices, and a copy of all The Automation Minute episodes on the same subject.
Who should take this course:
Anyone with basic electrical knowledge who would like to learn how to use, program, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs.)