A common question my students ask is about who should they call to purchase Allen-Bradley Software and Hardware.
To address this I send them a link to Rockwell's website, which will allow them to look up their local Rockwell representative or distributor. These reps can help them with the following services:
- Provide demo copies of software either on CD, via download, or via Temporary Activation
- Quote them a price on programming software, both digital and physical options
- Check stock and sell Rockwell hardware and software
- Answer many customer questions without requiring a Rockwell contract
- Process repairs and warranty replacements
I also mention to students that they should let their local representative know that the products they are purchasing will be used exclusively for education (and not for production).
In many cases they will be able to get “special pricing” because of that, and there may even be “starter packs” available, which combine many products into a bundle at a reduced price.
Note: I like to say that starter packs are not “keep going packs,” and typically can only be purchased once per customer.
That said, let's take a look at Rockwell's new and improved distributor look up tool:
1) Stating at www.ab.com (which redirects you to ab.rockwellautomation.com,) you first want to mouse over the Sales and Partners link:
If you'd like to watch a video demonstration of the above, check out Episode 17 of The Automation Minute Season 4 below:
I hope you've found the above information on how to find your local Rockwell Automation representative helpful.
If you have any questions or would like to comment on the above article please feel free to click on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- SIMATIC Real-Time Locating Systems (P61) - September 9, 2020
- Using Siemens S7-1200 Signal Modules (S48) - September 3, 2020
- Air Amplification Technologies For Automation (P60) - September 2, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments