Late last week Rockwell Automation issued a press release officially announcing the PanelView Plus 7 Performance line of HMI's.
Stating the new product “simplifies visualization for large applications,” Rockwell stressed the fact that this HMI could “reduce need for multiple HMIs, or replace PC-based HMI for centralized information-monitoring.”
To accomplish this, Rockwell built the PanelView Plus 7 Performance model with larger screen options, more powerful processors, and additional connectivity options over the existing PanelView Plus 7 Standard model.
Prior to the Performance model, the largest screen available on a Rockwell PanelView product was the 15″ PanelView Plus launched back in 2003.
Now with the PanelView Plus 7 Performance model, customers will have a choice of 6 different display sizes topping out at 19″.
And unlike the PanelView Plus 7 Standard models which are limited to 1 programmable controller connection, 25 displays, and 200 alarms, the greater processing power in the Performance model removes these limitations.
The Performance model also adds a two port device level ring ready switch, where as up to this point the Standard model has only offered a single Ethernet port.
For more PanelView Plus 7 Performance details, check out the product's documents below:
- PanelView Plus 7 Performance Terminals Technical Data
- PanelView Plus 7 PerformanceTerminals User Manual
- PanelView Plus 7 Performance, PanelView 5500 Mounting Levers Install Instruction
- Cutout Templates for PanelView Plus 7 Performance and PanelView 5500 Terminals
So what do you think? Ready for a 19″ PVPlus, or is that overkill for your applications?
You can share your thoughts with us by filling in the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- Siemens S7-1500: First Time Wiring and Programming (S45) - August 13, 2020
- SITOP Power Supplies and Selectivity Modules (P57) - July 24, 2020
- WAGO PLC Starter Kit Unboxing and Setup (S44) - July 17, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments