Late last week Rockwell Automation issued a press release officially announcing the PanelView Plus 7 Performance line of HMI's.
Stating the new product “simplifies visualization for large applications,” Rockwell stressed the fact that this HMI could “reduce need for multiple HMIs, or replace PC-based HMI for centralized information-monitoring.”
To accomplish this, Rockwell built the PanelView Plus 7 Performance model with larger screen options, more powerful processors, and additional connectivity options over the existing PanelView Plus 7 Standard model.
Prior to the Performance model, the largest screen available on a Rockwell PanelView product was the 15″ PanelView Plus launched back in 2003.
Now with the PanelView Plus 7 Performance model, customers will have a choice of 6 different display sizes topping out at 19″.
And unlike the PanelView Plus 7 Standard models which are limited to 1 programmable controller connection, 25 displays, and 200 alarms, the greater processing power in the Performance model removes these limitations.
The Performance model also adds a two port device level ring ready switch, where as up to this point the Standard model has only offered a single Ethernet port.
For more PanelView Plus 7 Performance details, check out the product's documents below:
- PanelView Plus 7 Performance Terminals Technical Data
- PanelView Plus 7 PerformanceTerminals User Manual
- PanelView Plus 7 Performance, PanelView 5500 Mounting Levers Install Instruction
- Cutout Templates for PanelView Plus 7 Performance and PanelView 5500 Terminals
So what do you think? Ready for a 19″ PVPlus, or is that overkill for your applications?
You can share your thoughts with us by filling in the “post a comment or question” link below.
- Community Q & A: Questions of the Week - October 26, 2021
- MDT AutoSave: Automatic Backup, Compare, Archive (P81) - October 21, 2021
- Top Ten Podcast Episodes - October 18, 2021