Last week Rockwell released the first new models in it's PanelView Plus 7 Standard family of HMI's.
While not all the PanelView Plus 7 models are available at launch, the documentation shows the standard family will include the following models:
PanelView Plus 7 Standard 400W
- Part Number: 2711P-T4W21D8S
- Display Size: 4.3-in.
- Resolution: 480 x 272 (16:9)
PanelView Plus 7 Standard 600
- Part Number: 2711P-T6C21D8S
- Display Size: 5.7-in.
- Resolution: 640 x 480 (4:3)
PanelView Plus 7 Standard 700
- Part Number: 2711P-T7C21D8S
- Display Size: 6.5-in.
- Resolution: 640 x 480 (4:3)
PanelView Plus 7 Standard 900W
- Part Number: 2711P-T9W21D8S
- Display Size: 9.0-in.
- Resolution: 800 x 480 (16:9)
PanelView Plus 7 Standard 1000
- Part Number: 2711P-T10C21D8S
- Display Size: 10.4-in.
- Resolution: 800 x 600 (4:3)
The PanelView Plus 7 Standard now also sports a new look. The change from black to gray makes them look less like a repurposed PanelView 5000, and more like a classic PanelView Plus. The specifications of these new units are listed below:
- Display: Color TFT LCD
- OS: MS Windows CE 6.0 R3
- CPU: 1.0 GHz ARM
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal: 512 MB
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 55°C
- Ratings: NEMA 12, 13, 4X, IP54, IP66
- USB: 1 USB-A and 1 USB-B:
- NET: 1 x RJ45 10/100 MB
- Power: 18-30V DC
- Support Support: FTViewME
7.08.0 or later
Along with released of this new hardware, Rockwell has also made the following documentation on the PanelView Plus 7 available on their website:
As the name implies, this PDF contains cutout dimensions for the PanelView Plus 7 Standard models.
- PanelView Plus 7 Standard Model Product Information – 2711p-pc005_-en-p
This document, also called “packaging contents,” is most likely what ships with the unit. It includes notices and warnings, as well as cutout, installation, and wiring information.
- PanelView Plus 7 Standard Terminal Mounting Levers – 2711P-IN032_-en-p
True to its name, these Installation Instructions describe how to install the PVPlus 7 using its mounting levels.
This is a four page color brochure for the PVPlus 7, including product specifications as well as features and benefits.
This publication contains detailed technical information on the PVPlus 7 Standard models. This includes environmental specifications as well as product certifications.
This user manual contains much of the same information as the Technical Data publication. But, it also includes the detailed information on the “configuration mode” menu and terminal settings. It also includes information about using cables, memory cards, setting up a printer, and upgrading the terminal's firmware.
Well that's everything we know so far about the PanelView Plus 7 Standard models. As we learn more in the coming weeks and months, we'll keep you posted.
And if you're one of the lucky few who gets to use one of these units in the near future, we'd love to hear what you think!
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 70K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form or by calling our office at 413-749-4300.
- New SIEMENS Products From This Week's Virtual Tour - May 20, 2022
- Sharing Data Between A-B Programmable Controllers - May 19, 2022
- Stepless Multi-Variable Closed Loop PID Tuning from PiControl (P102) - May 18, 2022