If you like many people, sometime during the development cycle you learn how to disable the “information” pop-up window.
However, it’s a good be your RSLinx Enterprise Target tab configuration is incorrect, or your shortcut hasn’t been applied to the PLC in your Target tab. To find out if that’s the case, follow these steps:
1) Start by accessing the PanelView Plus Configuration Mode menu (for more information about this, check our this blog article HERE.)
2) With your application loaded (very important) select Application Settings:
3) Now select Device Shortcuts and press Enter:
5) Highlight your PLC shortcut and press Enter. Hopefully you see your shortcut here – if you do not, then you either didn’t load it or didn’t create it in RSLinx Enterprise.
6) Now if your shortcut is setup correctly you will see your PLC Device highlighted as my SLC is below. If no device is highlighted, then you have not “applied” your shortcut to your PLC device in the Target tab in RSLinx Enterprise. If that is the case, you should be able to use the up/down arrow keys here to select the PLC Device, and press OK to assign it:
I hope you’ve found this article about checking your PanelView Plus shortcut settings helpful. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or corrections, please don’t hesitate to leave them by using the “leave a reply” form at the bottom of this page.
Need personalized help? For as little as $25 per month you can get direct access to ask me Rockwell PLC, HMI, and SCADA questions! Learn the details at Patreon.com/Automation