In a blog post last week I described ViewPoint as a software package which adds webserver capabilities to the PanelView Plus and FactoryTalk View Site Edition (aka Supervisory Edition.)
However, before you can publish your FactoryTalk View Studio graphic displays using ViewPoint, you'll need to download and install it first. In today's article I'll show you where to get ViewPoint, and how to install it.
Downloading the ViewPoint Administration Tool.
To start, we need to download a copy of the FactoryTalk ViewPoint Administration Tool. To do this we start by visiting this Rockwell website:
Once there, you'll need to enter the serial number of your FactoryTalk View Studio development software, as well as your company name:
Once your company name and serial number is accepted, you'll be brought to the software download page. Type “ViewPoint” into the search box and press enter:
Installing the ViewPoint Administration Tool.
Once the ViewPoint Installer is downloaded, you'll need to drill down through the folders until you find the ViewPoint “setup” program shown below:
This wizard is fairly straight forward and depending on your version of ViewStudio you'll either have the option to install ViewPoint for ViewME, or ViewPoint for both ViewME and ViewSE (as seen below:)
– If Windows IIS is required but not installed, you'll be prompted to install it and a link will be provided to do so (this is a handy link – thanks RA!)
– If you've downloaded a version of ViewPoint which is incompatible with the version of ViewStudio you have installed, you won't be able to proceed with the installation and there will be a note pointing out the version incompatibility.
Well I hope the above explanation of how to download and install ViewPoint is helpful. Now that we have ViewPoint installed, for the next blog I plan to walk you through publishing your ViewME project using this software. Until then, if you have a comment or question please don't hesitate to click on the “post a comment or question” link below to post them.
- First Look: Ultrasonic Sensor with IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs UC250-F77-EP-IO - September 20, 2021
- Solve Difficult Detection, Tracking, and Lighting Vision Applications with Next Gen Smart Cameras (P77) - September 16, 2021
- First Look: Productivity 2000 PLC Starter Kit - September 13, 2021