UPDATE 11/06/2017: Most of Rockwell's existing software product part numbers which end in “ENE” will no longer provide you with a “physical shipment” of software.
So to receive the DVD set as shown in this article, you need to replace the “ENE” in the part/catalog number with “ENM”
What actually comes in a package of FactoryTalk ViewStudio Machine Edition? We'll show and explain all the contents in today's blog.
ViewStudio Machine Edition Packaging
ViewStudio, like most Rockwell Software, comes in a plastic “clam shell” style box. On the front is the product name and logo. On the back is the part number, order number, and customer address.
Inside the ViewStudio Package
Inside the software package itself, the two most important items are the software installation DVD, and the red envelope. In addition to the installation DVD, labeled 7.00.00-FTView-DVD, you'll find three other discs:
- 9701-MEGRDVD: This is the getting results DVD designed for first time users
- 2.60.00-FTViewPoint-FTV-DVD: This is the ViewPoint DVD you use to install the ViewPoint Adminsitration Tool (see this blog for more information about ViewPoint)
- 7.00.00-KepSerEnt-CD: This is the Kepware Server CD which contains 60+ OPC servers included free of change with ViewME Runtimes and PanelView Plus terminals. But the version which ships with ViewStudio only runs for 2 hours at a time.
The Red Envelope
This important looking envelope contains the software serial number and product key. You need these two pieces of information to activate your software, which is required for the software to run longer than the 7 day grace period.
If you happen to lose this information, Rockwell's Activation Support (no contract required) can email you a replacement PDF.
Finally, you also receive three pieces of supporting documentation in the software box:
- Instructions on activating your software
- Support services information for your software
- Software registration form (if the information on the box is not correct, be sure to send this form in)
I hope the above information and pictures about the content included with new packages of FactoryTalk View Studio is helpful.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below using the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benifits of membership! Insider news, rewards, & more: Patreon.com/automation
If you enjoyed my article, you may like my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Have a question on this topic? Click here to scroll down to the comment link
Have a news tip? Share it with us here
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- Automation Q & A for February 25, 2020 (Early Access) - February 25, 2020
- Automate In Sci-Fi Style With These New T-Shirts! - February 24, 2020
- PanelView Plus to ControlLogix, SLC-5/04, & PLC-5 over DH Plus (Video S35) - February 21, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments