Last week Rockwell released version 10.00.01 of FactoryTalk View Machine Edition, and below I'll summarize the new and enhanced features that were added:
- Built-in “audit trail” log feature provides report of operator inter-actions with graphic objects
- Developers can now allow operators to export audit, diagnostics, alarm history logs to CSV file at runtime
- Developers can now enable “dynamically specified” local message files, as well as trigger messages to be written to a string tag
- Using the Installer interface, installation choices and actions can now be recorded on one PC, and then played back on another.
- Help files are now provided in HTML5
- Version 5.00, 5.10, and 6.00 runtime applications can now be opened and converted using v10 on a 64-bit operating system.
- FT View Machine Edition Station now shows the software version in the title bar of the startup dialog box
- The CSV Data Log Tamper Detection Utility installation files are now included with FTView installation files
- The Property Panel and Object Explorer now are automatically docked to the right of the main window
- Multiple components can now be deleted and removed at a time.
- KEPServer version 5.21 support added
- DataStorePlus ActiveX no longer deletes all old CSV data log files when system date changes from December 31, 2016 to January 1, 2017.
- Runtime applications no longer stop loading after the recipe load operation by a Recipe 2 Enhanced ActiveX control
- Acknowledging (or remote acknowledging) alarms no longer changes alarm message fonts
Find out more about ViewME 10.00.01
If you would like to view the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 10 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on and then select FactoryTalk View.
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
If you'd like to listen to a discussion of the above, check out Episode 39 of The Automation Podcast below:
So, what do you think of the new features in ViewME 10.00.01?
Will you jump on 10 right away because of the new features?
Share your thoughts and opinions by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- Get A TIA Portal License For $35! (Limited Time Offer) - May 20, 2020
- How To Find Your Local Siemens Automation Distributor - May 20, 2020
- How To Get A Free Copy Of TIA Portal - May 19, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments
- The ability to convert old Wacom-based projects in a 64-bit OS alone makes the upgrade worth it, if it works.Great point brstilson - I need to try it myself! (Hope it works!!!)Can this new feature to trigger the alarm history file to go to a CSV file be done on older Panelview Plus 6?Good morning gfine,
Looks like version 10 firmware is available for the PVPlus 6 so it looks like that feature is supported. So far I haven't see a software feature that only works on the PVP7 but not the PVP6.
Link to PVP6 versions below:
Shawn Tierney of The Automation School