Just last week Rockwell released FactoryTalk View Machine Edition version 10.00.01 (word on the street is the initial release was pulled so a patch could be included.)
Before we take a look at what's new with v10 (which we'll do in tomorrow's article,) I wanted to first take a look back to see what was new in v9 since I didn't cover it (as my license didn't include access to v9) when it was released at the beginning of 2017.
New 9.0 Features:
- New alarm identifier property to identify an alarm message
- New Pop-up Input Color Setting for keypad, keyboard, and character inputs
- Persistant version and language setting when creating a runtime file (as oppose to always using defaults)
- If you may any changes to the RSLinx Enterprise config, a message will ask if you'd like to save those changes
- New hyperlink animation option ti display a file (PDF, etc), a web page, or launch a program (only certain drawing objects support hyperlink animation)
- Logix Designer tag extended properties “Read” support (TagName.@ExtendedProperty)
- Data communication “Shortcut” inhibit allows missing devices to be inhibited to help reduce load time and network load
Enhancements in 9.0:
- PanelView Plus 7 Standard applications expanded to allow up to 25 On Top displays, 25 Replace displays, and 500 alarms
- Up to five graphic displays can be selected to open when an application starts
- FactoryTalk View installation now much more automated
- New OS support for Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise
- New support for KEPServer version 5.19
Corrected Anomalies in 9.0:
- Fixed issue where ME Chart control could cause View Studio may stop
- Copying and pasting an ME Chart control could cause View Studio to stop responding.
- Unsaved information or local messages may not be included in runtime applications
- PanelView Plus 6 stops responding and displays “Unloading application”
- An .med fil restored from a runtime using a later version of View Studio can't be opened or imported in the earlier version of View Studio
- Design time application names not showing in Existing tab
- Importing applications in View Studio may result in the error, “…was created with a newer version… and cannot be imported into this version…”
- Installation of FactoryTalk View removes the Arial Bold font from OS.
Find out more about ViewME 9.0
If you would like to view the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 9.0 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on and then select FactoryTalk View.
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
If you'd like to listen to a discussion of the above, check out Episode 38 of The Automation Podcast below:
So, what did you think of the new features in ViewME 9.0?
Did you switch to it in 2017, or stay with 8.2?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
- What's New At The Automation School - July 30, 2021
- Community Q & A: ControlLogix Comms Issue - July 29, 2021
- Tech Tip: Import Festo CPX-AP-I into Logix and Studio 5000 - July 28, 2021