In today’s article I’ll walk you through how to convert a MicroLogix 1000 program to a Micro800.
To accomplish this, we’ll use RSLogix 500 and the Connected Components Workbench “MicroLogix Library Converter” tool.
NOTE: If you don’t see the tool installed below, your can find it by following this article here.
Step 1) Start by opening CCW, and selecting the “MicroLogix Library Converter” under “Tools”:
Step 2) At the top of the tool we see instructions for exporting our MicroLogix program using RSLogix 500.
NOTE: Neither RSLogix Micro Starter or Lite will work because neither support saving Programs to Library files.
Note: Since the tool was released a few years back, it has always shown a picture of a MicroLogix 1200 (instead of a MicroLogix 1000,) however the tool clearly states it only works with MicroLogix 1000 files. That said, it’s fairly easy to change a project’s controller as shown in this article.
Update 05/03/18: With the release of CCW 11 the converter has been expanded to now work with all MicroLogix programs.
Step 3) Open RSLogix 500, and then open the MicroLogix program you’d like to convert and choose “Save As”:
Step 9) Back in the MicroLogix Library Converter, select your source project as the .SLC file you just exported from RSLogix 500:
Step 10) Then select the Micro800 controller you’d like to import the project too:
Step 11) Finally, select the “OK” button to begin the import:
Step 12) Small projects can take a minute or two to import, while larger projects can take much longer:
Step 13) When done, you’ll see your new Micro800 project open in CCW. At this point you’ll need to review all the import errors, as well as fully test the program to insure everything imported correctly:
- Rockwell releases MicroLogix 1000 to Micro800 Migration Guide
- Rockwell releases Micrologix 1000 to Micro800 Conversion Tool
- How to get Rockwell’s Micrologix to Micro800 Conversion Tool
- MicroLogix 1000 and 1500 “end of life” date announced
- Micrologix 1000 Migration Options discussed
If you’d like to watch a video of the above, check out Episode 26 of The Automation Minute Season 4 below:
I hope the above article detailing how to import MicroLogix 1000 programs into Micro800s using the CCW conversion tool was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to leave them with us by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
If you found this content helpful, consider buying me a coffee here.
- December 5 News: 50kg Robot, Ex Tablet, IOLink, Ethernet-APL, MQTT QOS, Logix/View Docs & more (N150) - December 5, 2023
- November 30 News: TIA Portal v19, Productivity Suite 4.1, Industrial Strip Light, OPC Pub/Sub & more (N149) - November 30, 2023
- MOXA’s New Industrial Computers (P181) - November 29, 2023