In today's article I'll walk you through how to convert a MicroLogix 1000 program to a Micro800.
To accomplish this, we'll use RSLogix 500 and the Connected Components Workbench “MicroLogix Library Converter” tool.
NOTE: If you don't see the tool installed below, your can find it by following this article here.
Step 1) Start by opening CCW, and selecting the “MicroLogix Library Converter” under “Tools”:
Step 2) At the top of the tool we see instructions for exporting our MicroLogix program using RSLogix 500.
NOTE: Neither RSLogix Micro Starter or Lite will work because neither support saving Programs to Library files.
Note: Since the tool was released a few years back, it has always shown a picture of a MicroLogix 1200 (instead of a MicroLogix 1000,) however the tool clearly states it only works with MicroLogix 1000 files. That said, it's fairly easy to change a project's controller as shown in this article.
Update 05/03/18: With the release of CCW 11 the converter has been expanded to now work with all MicroLogix programs.
Step 3) Open RSLogix 500, and then open the MicroLogix program you'd like to convert and choose “Save As”:
Step 9) Back in the MicroLogix Library Converter, select your source project as the .SLC file you just exported from RSLogix 500:
Step 10) Then select the Micro800 controller you'd like to import the project too:
Step 11) Finally, select the “OK” button to begin the import:
Step 12) Small projects can take a minute or two to import, while larger projects can take much longer:
Step 13) When done, you'll see your new Micro800 project open in CCW. At this point you'll need to review all the import errors, as well as fully test the program to insure everything imported correctly:
- Rockwell releases MicroLogix 1000 to Micro800 Migration Guide
- Rockwell releases Micrologix 1000 to Micro800 Conversion Tool
- How to get Rockwell's Micrologix to Micro800 Conversion Tool
- MicroLogix 1000 and 1500 “end of life” date announced
- Micrologix 1000 Migration Options discussed
If you'd like to watch a video of the above, check out Episode 26 of The Automation Minute Season 4 below:
I hope the above article detailing how to import MicroLogix 1000 programs into Micro800s using the CCW conversion tool was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to leave them with us by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benifits of membership! Insider news, rewards, & more: Patreon.com/automation
If you enjoyed my article, you may like my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Have a question on this topic? Click here to scroll down to the comment link
Have a news tip? Share it with us here
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- Automation Q & A for February 25, 2020 (Early Access) - February 25, 2020
- Automate In Sci-Fi Style With These New T-Shirts! - February 24, 2020
- PanelView Plus to ControlLogix, SLC-5/04, & PLC-5 over DH Plus (Video S35) - February 21, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments
- I have given a home work to my students and the topic was "converting MicroLogix 1000 to Micto800" I thought that was very difficult fro them. But they are very smart they do some research on Google and they find your post "https://theautomationblog.com/convert-micrologix-1000-programs-micro800/" they follow all the steps that you have mention in your post and they watch the video in your blog. They done it easily. I was shocked how they do the task. When I ask him forcefully then they tell me about your post. I visit your page. This is AWESOME. Then I read some previous posts I got the valuable topics and I recommend your blog to my other friends and when my students face any problem related PLC, SCADA and HMI now they are eligible to solve them by visit your website. Thanks for these great stuff...Thank you Sofcon for sharing that story!
Glad it helped!