I often get asked what is the best way to learn how to program PLC's?
But then comes the obvious next questions: Which Micro? What software will I need? Are there any special cables I need to buy? What about I/O?
With that in mind, in today's article I'm going to list the items I would recommend to anyone who would like to learn how to use and program PLC's.
PLC Starter Pack: Items I recommend to anyone who would like to get started programming PLC's:
1) Micro PLC: Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1000, 1761-L10BXB ($150)
For more information about the MicroLogix 1000 check out the below links:
2) RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (Free)
3) Low cost cables ($55)
4) Inputs and Outputs ($56)
There's nothing like actually wiring up inputs and output to your PLC, and below I list the low cost push button station, LED pilot lights, and a Pilot Light enclosure I used to make my Micro Basics video:
- Low cost Push Button Station, $16
- Low cost LED Pilot Lights, $6 x 4
- Low cost Pilot Light Enclosure, $16
5) Micro Programmable Controller Basics DVD
I spent the better part of a year creating this four hour DVD for the backers of my Kickstarter project, and now it's currently available as either a two disc DVD or via HD Steaming.
To find out more about it just head over to PLC Basics to be taken to the product page for this video at The Automation School.
I hope you've found the above article about the items I recommend for a PLC Starter Pack helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please don't hesitate to click on the “post a comment or question” link below to share them with us.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- Get A TIA Portal License For $35! (Limited Time Offer) - May 20, 2020
- How To Find Your Local Siemens Automation Distributor - May 20, 2020
- How To Get A Free Copy Of TIA Portal - May 19, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments