Connected Components Workbench (CCW) version 10 is out and in today's article we'll take a look at what's new and different in this release:
- New Micro800 Instructions:
Added to help with MicroLogix program migrations (requires controller firmware 10.)
- FFL (FIFO load)
- FFU (FIFO unload)
- PID (proportional-integral-derivative)
- MODULE_INFO. Used as a diagnostic for Optional Module feature and can be used in place of PLUGIN_INFO
- Micro800 Indirect bit addressing
Also added to help with MicroLogix migration, indirect bit addressing of integers has been enhanced to allow indexing using a SINT (signed 8-bit integer) or Defined Word to allow specifying of the bit number for addressing (requires controller firmware 10.)
- Reset Micro800 to Factory Defaults
In Connected Components Workbench you can now set your Micro820, Micro830, or Micro850 controller back to factory defaults which removes data, programs, and passwords. Requires controller firmware 10.
- Micro800 User-Defined Functions (UDF)
User-defined Functions (UDFs) can have multiple input parameters and a single output parameter (similar to MicroLogix subroutines.)
UDFs also use less memory than a user-defined function blocks (UDFBs.) but do require controller firmware version 10.
Since UDFs can access global variables but cannot not local variables, local variables must be passed into UDFs using input parameters.
- Variable Auto Renaming
Now when you rename global or local variables, controller programs, and other objects, references in the entire project are instantly updated.
- Deletion of Unused Variables
The Micro800's cross reference browser now has the ability to deleted unused variables.
PanelView 800 Features
NOTE: Connected Components Workbench v10 is only compatible with PanelView 800 revision 4 firmware, and cannot be used with PanelView 800 revision 3 and earlier firmware.
- PanelView 800 Upload
Projects can uploaded from the terminal over EtherNet/IP.
- PanelView 800 Authentication
Terminal can now be secured using a password.
- Tag Copy and Paste Support
The PanelView 800 Tag Editor now supports coping and pasting to and from MS Excel. Note that this does not reset existing references.
Other CCW v10 Features
- Windows 10 Support
I know many of us who've received a new PC in the last couple of years have been anxious to see CCW officially support Windows 10, and now that support comes with CCW v10.
- GuardShield 450L-B Safety Light Curtain Support
You can now use CCW to review hardware and USB settings, as well as monitor function and diagnostics about the units operation.
- Upgrade or downgrade project firmware
In a Connected Components Workbench project you can now upgrade or downgrade a project's firmware for Micro820, 830, 850, PanelView 800, PanelView Component, Guardmaster safety relay, and the GuardShield™ 450L safety light curtain.
Learn about other releases:
Check out our coverage of other releases of CCW below:
- What’s New in CCW v21 (11/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v20 (04/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (06/2021, Rockwell Interview)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (03/2021)
- First Look: CCW v12 (04/2019, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v12 (04/2019)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018)
- What’s New in CCW v10 (03/2017)
- What’s New in CCW v9 (04/2016)
- CCW Version 8 Released (03/2015)
- CCW Version 7 Released (10/2014)
Find out more:
For all the details about CCW version 10, search Rockwell's “versions” webpage for Connected Components Workbench, and then select the PDF icon under version 10 to open this versions release notes: (below you can see the link for v10 and 11 release notes:)
So, what do you think of version 10?
Like the fact that more and more features from RSLogix have been added? Or just happy to now have Windows 10 support?
If you have an opinion, feel free to share it with us using the “post a comment or question” link at the bottom of this page.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.