Last week Rockwell’s Connected Components Workbench (aka CCW) Version 7 became available for download from Rockwell HERE.
The standard package weighs in at a hefty 1.5gb, and also contains the latest RSLinx Classic installer package, version 3.70.
Rockwell recommends running CCW on an Intel i5 with 8gb of RAM. These are pretty steep specs, having more in common with the latest Call of Duty game, and well outside of the specs of Rockwell’s latest “performance” panel PC’s.
So what’s new in CCW Version 7?
Here’s some highlights from the product release notes:
Rockwell’s Current updater will now notify users if a new release is available, however it won’t actually download the updates.
Now when you install CCW you also get a folder full of sample projects, code, and user defined function blocks.
Apparently a lot of work has been put into usability in this release. The enhancements include updated right click and file menus, as well as graphical tweaks to the Ladder and Function Block editors.
These include Data Protection for the 830 and 850, a new retentive timer instruction, variable import / export, and improved diagnostics.
Learn about other releases:
Check out our coverage of other releases of CCW below:
- What’s New in CCW v21 (11/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v20 (04/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (06/2021, Rockwell Interview)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (03/2021)
- First Look: CCW v12 (04/2019, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v12 (04/2019)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018)
- What’s New in CCW v10 (03/2017)
- What’s New in CCW v9 (04/2016)
- CCW Version 8 Released (03/2015)
- CCW Version 7 Released (10/2014)
Link to download:
The full path to download CCW is below:
If you upgrade to version 7, we’d love to hear what you think! Just fill in the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
- Automation This Week for September 30, 2023 (W011) - September 30, 2023
- News for September 29, 2023 (N116) - September 29, 2023
- News for September 28, 2023 (N115) - September 28, 2023