Rockwell recently released version 21 of Connected Components Workbench, and below I'll summarize any new and enhanced features:
New and Enhanced Micro800 Features:
- Now supports Ethernet implicit I/O messaging for L50E and L70E controllers
- The default value of Automatically Invoke Variable/Block Selector changed from True to False
- Ease programming of Kinetix5100 and PowerFlex520 drives through canned UDFBs
- The Scope setting is now retained after re-opening Variable Selector. Users can click OK to accept and select the tag after entering the tag name when creating new tags in the Variable Selector
New PV800 Features:
- The PanelView 800 DesignStation has not been updated and is still at v12.02.
- Connected Components Workbench version 21.00 has no changes in functionality since the last release.
I haven't looked into these yet, but I did want to share them with you in case you're affected:
Learn about other releases:
Check out our coverage of other releases of CCW below:
- What’s New in CCW v21 (11/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v20 (04/2022)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (06/2021, Rockwell Interview)
- What’s New in CCW v13 (03/2021)
- First Look: CCW v12 (04/2019, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v12 (04/2019)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018, Video)
- What’s New in CCW v11 (04/2018)
- What’s New in CCW v10 (03/2017)
- What’s New in CCW v9 (04/2016)
- CCW Version 8 Released (03/2015)
- CCW Version 7 Released (10/2014)
Find out more:
If you would like to view the Connected Components Workbench 21 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on the product “Connected Components,” then select Connected Components Workbench from the list.
Then from the versions page, click on the “PDF Document” icon under version 21:
So, what do you think of the new features of Connected Components Workbench 21?
Will you jump in and install v21 right away because of the added features or hardware support?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by joining our community at Automation.Locals.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.