RSLogix 500 and RSLogix Micro version 11 is out, and in today's article we'll take a look at what's new in this release:
My MicroLogix “Five Star” training course is now available digitally or on DVD! Learn to setup and program the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix family of Programmable Logic Controllers! Learn the details at PLC Basics Second Edition
Windows 10 Support:
I know many of us who've received a new PC in the last couple of years have been anxious to see CCW officially support Windows 10, and now that support comes with CCW v10.
WMicroLogix 1400 Series B Enhanced Password support:
The MicroLogix 1400 Series B “security” processor has a Password and Subroutine Protection Password, and unlike the standard 1400 the “security” version does not store the password in the project, but instead is set and authenticated wit the controller itself.
Since there's not a whole lot going on with v11, I thought I'd add what's new with v10 as well:
RSLogix 500 support for updated RoHS compliant SLC processors:
These include: 1747-L531 F, 1747-L532 F, 1747-L533 F, 1747-L541 D, 1747-L543 D, 1747-L551 D, 1747-L552 D, 1747-L553 D
Other RSLogix 500 and Micro v10 updates include:
- RSLogix Project Migrator is included which when used with Integrated Architecture Builder helps migrate from SLC 500 or MicroLogix controllers to Logix controllers.
- Web-based online help to support multi-platforms and browser as well as searching and bookmarks.
- Support for the Windows 2012 OS
- Update the current version of RSLinx Classic v. 3.74.00, CPR 9 SR 7.4, FactoryTalk Activation v. 3.62.11, CPR 9 SR 6.1, and Services Platform v. 2.74.00, CPR 9 SR 7.4.
For more information
For all the details about RSLogix 500 and Micro versions 10 and 11, search Rockwell's “versions” webpage for RSlogix, and then select the PDF icon under version 10 or 11 to open this version's release notes: (below you can see the link for Studio v27 release notes:)
So, what do you think of version 10 and 11?
Happy to now have Windows 10 support? Or disappointed that there really isn't much development going into 500 and Micro?
If you have an opinion, feel free to share it with us using the “post a comment or question” link at the bottom of this page.
- First Look: MOXA Ethernet Switch, EDS-2005-EL - March 4, 2021
- New “Logix Live™” Online Training Course coming March 16th - March 1, 2021
- PLC Training: Free and Trial Programming Software - February 22, 2021