If you're familiar with Studio 5000 (or RSLogix 5000) and find yourself in the position of having to write a program for a Micro800, below are seven CCW tips to help you get started:
1) Controller Organizer:
In Studio 5000 Logix Designer, the Controller Organizer starts with the Controller itself under which Controller Tags are nested, followed by Tasks with Programs, Tags, and Routines nested underneath:
In Studio 5000 there are Controller Tags which are Globally Scoped, as well as Parameters and Local Tags (formerly Program Tags) found in each Program and which can be Local or Globally Scoped:
Studio 5000 has a powerful “drop-down” Tag Browser which is accessible by selecting the address field as shown below:
In Studio 5000 it's easy to choose your project's path by selecting the RSWho button on the Path toolbar:
- First double click on the Controller in the Project Organizer.
- The select the Connection Path link under the Connect button on the top right of the window.
- Finally, select Browse from the Set Connect Path pop-up window to launch the Connection Browser with RSWho window:
Verifying your entire project in Studio 5000 can be completed by using the menu as shown, or selecting the Toolbar button with the Computer with Green Check-mark icon:
Downloading using Studio 5000 can be done through the Communications menu, or by using the Offline drop down selection on the toolbar:
NOTE: You will typically want to select “Download with Project Values,” unless you want to zero out all non-initialized tags.
Saving a project to a single file (.acd) so it can be easily shared is as simple as choosing Save or Save As in Studio 5000:
If you'd like to listen to a related discussion, check out Episode 34 of The Automation Minute Season 4 below:
For more CCW tips for Studio 500 users, check out Rockwell's guide below:
If you have an thoughts or opinions on this topic, you can share them by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
- Top Ten Podcast Episodes - October 18, 2021
- Siemens S7-1500 Advanced PLCs Overview (P80) - October 15, 2021
- First Look: Retroreflective Sensor with IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs OBR7500-R100-2EP-IO - October 6, 2021