Like the Connected Components Building Blocks (CCBB,) Rockwell's Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit (CCAT for short) is designed around “component” level devices.
However, this “Accelerator Toolkit” is designed for the Micro800 and Connected Components Workbench, where as the “Building Blocks” are designed around the MicroLogix and RSLogix.
Initially, when you download CCAT you get the following building blocks:
- Motion Control: Kinetix® 3 Indexing Project
- Low Voltage Drives: PowerFlex® Component-class AC Drives
- Temperature Control: 900-TC Controller Project
Unlike CCBB, these samples are not just available via folders from a zip file. The CCAT comes with and installs a Windows Application to help you select which CCAT files you would like to open. Fortunately, the files are also available in a folder if you want to access them manually.
Similar to CCBB, each CCAT contains the following:
- “Quick start” manual
- Bill of materials in ProposalWorks format
- Many different “starting” programs in Connected Components Workbench
- Includes Micro800 logic and PanelView Component displays
- CAD drawings in IEC and NFPA formats for AutoCAD (dwg) and EPlan
And like the CCBB, CCAT is available completely free at the below url:
I hope the above information about Rockwell's Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit is helpful. If you've used Rockwell's CCAT's before, or have a comment or question about them, please don't hesitate to leave them with us by using the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Automation Morning Show for March 31, 2023 - March 31, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 30, 2023 - March 30, 2023
- Prosoft EtherNet/IP to DH+ Gateway (P147) - March 29, 2023