Guest post written by Cara Quinlan of HFES:
The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society welcomes your submission for the 2014 Human Factors Prize for Excellence in Human Factors/Ergonomics Research. The Prize confers a $10,000 cash award and publication of the winning paper in the Society¹s flagship journal, Human Factors. The winner will also present the paper in a special award ceremony at the HFES 2014 Annual Meeting in Chicago.
The topic for the 2014 Prize is human-automation interaction/autonomy. We seek articles that describe human factors/ergonomics (HF/E) research that pertains to effective and satisfying interaction between humans and automation.
Suitable sample topics include:
- research on human trust in automation and how trust affects interactions
- how team interactions are affected by automation
- models of effective human-automation interaction/autonomy
Manuscripts should be submitted between April 1 and June 2, 2014. Membership in HFES is not required. Visit http://www.hfes.org/web/pubpages/hfprize.html for additional details about the topic, including a list of published papers on related topics; eligibility; evaluation criteria; and deadlines.Cara Quinlan, Communications Associate Human Factors and Ergonomics Society P.O. Box 1369, Santa Monica, CA 90406 310/394-1811 http://www.hfes.org
I hope you find the above information about the 2014 Human Factors Prize relevant. If you have any thoughts or suggestions about this post, or future guest posts, please let us know by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benifits of membership! Insider news, rewards, & more: Patreon.com/automation
If you enjoyed my article, you may like my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Have a question on this topic? Click here to scroll down to the comment link
Have a news tip? Share it with us here
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- PanelView Plus to CompactLogix, SLC-500, and MicroLogix over DH-485 (Early Access) - January 28, 2020
- Are Your Allen-Bradley Products Obsolete? Here's How To Find Out - January 22, 2020
- PanelView Standard to SLC-500 & MicroLogix over DH-485 (Video S30) - January 20, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments