“Activation” is a broad term used to describe the copy protection mechanism Rockwell Automation (RA) uses for its Rockwell Software products. In years past, the activation method involved using Activation Floppy Disks, but today all the Rockwell Automation software products that use activation have moved to FactoryTalk activation which is similar to Microsoft Windows activation.
How do I get replacement activations, or support getting activations working?
When you or your company purchased your Rockwell Software, for each package you purchased you received one license. This license does not have an expiration date, and RA understands that if you can't get the activation working, you can’t use your software. With that in mind, even if you don’t have a support contract with RA, you can still get activation support and activation replacements in the below ways:
Telephone activation support
- Typically the fastest method to resolve an activation issue or get an activation reset, Rockwell’s activation support hotline can be reached by calling: 440-646-3434 and following the prompts for activation support
Internet activation support via “Live Chat”
- To access the Rockwell support page that hosts their “chat” system, you'll first need to log in to their website.
- If you don’t have an account, you can register for free.
- Both the “Log In” and “Sign Up” options are at the top right of the RA Support Homepage – https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/
- Once you are logged in, click on the
“Chat live”“Chat Online” link:
- From there, select the “Activations” option under “Topics,” then press
“Submit Request.”“Chat Now.” This should launch a popup “chat” window in which you will soon be able to ask your activation questions of an RA support tech.
Hopefully the above information will make it clear anyone who owns a Rockwell Automation software product can get free activation support and replacements either via phone or internet chat.
With that said, if you've tried either means we'd love to hear how it went. Just use the “post a comment or question” link below to let us know your thoughts.
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments