“Activation” is a broad term used to describe the copy protection mechanism Rockwell Automation (RA) uses for its Rockwell Software products. In years past, the activation method involved using Activation Floppy Disks, but today all the Rockwell Automation software products that use activation have moved to FactoryTalk activation which is similar to Microsoft Windows activation.
How do I get replacement activations, or support getting activations working?
– Telephone activation support
- Typically the fastest method to resolve an activation issue or get an activation reset, Rockwell’s activation support hotline can be reached by calling: 440-646-3434 and following the prompts for activation support
– Internet activation support via “Live Chat”
- To access the Rockwell support page that hosts their “chat” system, you’ll first need to log in to their website.
- If you don’t have an account, you can register for free.
- Both the “Log In” and “Sign Up” options are at the top right of the RA Support Homepage – https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Chat live” link:
- From there, select the “Activations” option under “Chat Topics,” then press “Submit Request.” This should launch a popup “chat” window in which you will soon be able to ask your activation questions of an RA support tech.
Hopefully the above information will make it clear anyone who owns a Rockwell Automation software product can get free activation support and replacements either via phone or internet chat. With that said, if you’ve tried either means we’d love to hear how it went. Just use the “Leave A Reply” form below to let us know your thoughts.
Need personalized help? For as little as $25 per month you can get direct access to ask me Rockwell PLC, HMI, and SCADA questions! Learn the details at Patreon.com/Automation