Welcome to The Automation Blog's
Today I'm highlighting a couple of eleven year old MicroLogix programs showing how to communicate to a PowerFlex 4.
- Using a 22-SCM-232 which converted DF1 to Modbus
- Using the latest version MicroLogix which supported Modbus natively.
The result was these two “proof of concept” demos.
To create them, I relied heavily on code found in the PowerFlex and SCM manuals, which at the time contained several errors that made getting the code working quite challenging.
Posted on my original website back on February 9th, 2004, you can now find the original articles right here on The Automation Blog using the below links:
And if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them with us by using the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Automation This Morning for January 27, 2023 - January 27, 2023
- How to download RSLogix Micro, RSLinx, and Emulate 500 for free (2023) - January 26, 2023
- Automation This Morning for January 26, 2023 - January 26, 2023