Welcome to The Automation Blog's
Today I'm highlighting a couple of eleven year old MicroLogix programs showing how to communicate to a PowerFlex 4.
Back in 2004 many small OEM's were approaching me about using the MicroLogix to control the small PowerFlex 4 series of drives over a serial connection.
- Using a 22-SCM-232 which converted DF1 to Modbus
- Using the latest version MicroLogix which supported Modbus natively.
The result was these two “proof of concept” demos.
To create them, I relied heavily on code found in the PowerFlex and SCM manuals, which at the time contained several errors that made getting the code working quite challenging.
[artadrr-pf-e]Posted on my original website back on February 9th, 2004, you can now find the original articles right here on The Automation Blog using the below links:
And if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them with us by using the “post a comment or question” link below.
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- CompactLogix Training Course Now On Sale, Just $99 - November 20, 2019
- Episodes Of The Automation Minute Now Available! - November 12, 2019
- Insider News: Prepping for Automation Fair - November 8, 2019
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments