Welcome to The Automation Blog's
Today I'm highlighting a couple of eleven year old MicroLogix programs showing how to communicate to a PowerFlex 4.
Back in 2004 many small OEM's were approaching me about using the MicroLogix to control the small PowerFlex 4 series of drives over a serial connection.
- Using a 22-SCM-232 which converted DF1 to Modbus
- Using the latest version MicroLogix which supported Modbus natively.
The result was these two “proof of concept” demos.
To create them, I relied heavily on code found in the PowerFlex and SCM manuals, which at the time contained several errors that made getting the code working quite challenging.
[artadrr-pf-e]Posted on my original website back on February 9th, 2004, you can now find the original articles right here on The Automation Blog using the below links:
And if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them with us by using the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- First Look: Distance Sensor with Analog Out and IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs OMT600-R200-IEP-IO-V1-L - November 24, 2020
- Automation Fair: My Session Picks (so far) - November 19, 2020
- Automation Fair Virtual Networking Tour - November 17, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments