Welcome to The Automation Blog's
Today I'm highlighting a couple of eleven year old MicroLogix programs showing how to communicate to a PowerFlex 4.
Back in 2004 many small OEM's were approaching me about using the MicroLogix to control the small PowerFlex 4 series of drives over a serial connection.
- Using a 22-SCM-232 which converted DF1 to Modbus
- Using the latest version MicroLogix which supported Modbus natively.
The result was these two “proof of concept” demos.
To create them, I relied heavily on code found in the PowerFlex and SCM manuals, which at the time contained several errors that made getting the code working quite challenging.
Posted on my original website back on February 9th, 2004, you can now find the original articles right here on The Automation Blog using the below links:
And if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them with us by using the “post a comment or question” link below.
- MDT AutoSave: Automatic Backup, Compare, Archive (P81) - October 21, 2021
- Top Ten Podcast Episodes - October 18, 2021
- Siemens S7-1500 Advanced PLCs Overview (P80) - October 15, 2021