This second program is based on the first, but uses the Modbus Master protocol available in the latest release of the MicroLogix 1200, as well as a 1761-Net-AIC.
The biggest obstacle in getting this configuration to work was trying to find the polarity of the comm lines (i.e. does + comm on the AIC go to A or B comm on the drive?) as well as realizing all the modbus addresses are offset by 1 (which even Rockwell Drives Div. missed in Rev 1 of the subsequently release tech note).
Since this file was published, Rockwell has release (and fixed) a tech note, and also has an excellent 2004 HOT LAB.
- RSLogix 500 Version: 6.1
- Additional Requirements: Micro1200 & PowerFlex 4 /40
- File Size: 60 kb
- Uploaded on: 02/09/04
- Entered By: Shawn Michael Tierney
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Manufacturing In America Show Preview (P146) - March 22, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 22, 2023 - March 22, 2023
- PLCs vs PACs: Did Digi-Key get it right? I'm not so sure… (qa0316) - March 21, 2023