This second program is based on the first, but uses the Modbus Master protocol available in the latest release of the MicroLogix 1200, as well as a 1761-Net-AIC.
The biggest obstacle in getting this configuration to work was trying to find the polarity of the comm lines (i.e. does + comm on the AIC go to A or B comm on the drive?) as well as realizing all the modbus addresses are offset by 1 (which even Rockwell Drives Div. missed in Rev 1 of the subsequently release tech note).
Since this file was published, Rockwell has release (and fixed) a tech note, and also has an excellent 2004 HOT LAB.
- RSLogix 500 Version: 6.1
- Additional Requirements: Micro1200 & PowerFlex 4 /40
- File Size: 60 kb
- Uploaded on: 02/09/04
- Entered By: Shawn Michael Tierney
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 70K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form or by calling our office at 413-749-4300.
- Sharing Data Between A-B Programmable Controllers - May 19, 2022
- Stepless Multi-Variable Closed Loop PID Tuning from PiControl (P102) - May 18, 2022
- What's New In FactoryTalk View Machine Edition v13 - May 12, 2022