This second program is based on the first, but uses the Modbus Master protocol available in the latest release of the MicroLogix 1200, as well as a 1761-Net-AIC.
The biggest obstacle in getting this configuration to work was trying to find the polarity of the comm lines (i.e. does + comm on the AIC go to A or B comm on the drive?) as well as realizing all the modbus addresses are offset by 1 (which even Rockwell Drives Div. missed in Rev 1 of the subsequently release tech note).
Since this file was published, Rockwell has release (and fixed) a tech note, and also has an excellent 2004 HOT LAB.
- RSLogix 500 Version: 6.1
- Additional Requirements: Micro1200 & PowerFlex 4 /40
- File Size: 60 kb
- Uploaded on: 02/09/04
- Entered By: Shawn Michael Tierney
- MDT AutoSave: Automatic Backup, Compare, Archive (P81) - October 21, 2021
- Top Ten Podcast Episodes - October 18, 2021
- Siemens S7-1500 Advanced PLCs Overview (P80) - October 15, 2021
Note: This article was previously posted on the author's original websites, www.ShawnMichael.com and www.ShawnMTierney.com