Rockwell's FactoryTalk Activation (FTA) can be a little intimidating and frustrating for new users.
However, since FTA was released Rockwell has published nine FactoryTalk Activation Quick Start Videos on their Allen-Bradley website at www.AB.com, and in today's article I'll list all of these videos, and provide a direct link to view each:
UPDATE 10-06-2017: Rockwell has removed these helpful videos from their website and I have been unable to find them reposted elsewhere.
Video 1: Choosing a Host ID (link to video)
- Video 2: Get Activations with Internet Access (link to video)
- Video 3: Find Available Activations (link to video)
- Video 4: Borrow and Return Activations (link to video)
- Video 5: Manage Activations (link to video)
- Video 6: Interpret Activation Messages (link to video)
- Video 7: Rehost an Activation with Internet Access (link to video)
- Video 8: Rehost as Activation without Internet Access (link to video)
- Video 9: Get Activations without Internet Access (link to video)
I hope you find the above listing of Rockwell's FactoryTalk Activation Quick Start Videos helpful. If you would like to leave a comment please click on the “post a comment or question” link at the bottom of this article.
Editor's note: If you work in the industrial automation field and would like to share your experiences with our audience, please contact us using this form: Contact Us. If we publish your article we'll send you a $30 Amazon gift card (or equivalent via PayPal) in appreciation for your efforts!
- P+F USi-Safety Rated Ultrasonic Sensor (P87) - January 19, 2022
- IFM CR1203 HMI Controller: Initial Setup & Adding Ethernet IO in CODESYS - January 6, 2022
- Happy New Year! - January 1, 2022