The MicroLogix 1400's LCD, unlike the MicroLogix 1100's, can be used to set the unit's IP Address.
In today's article we'll show you the steps to do just that.
Setting the IP Address of a MicroLogix 1400 using the built-in LCD:
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
4) Here, press the down arrow button twice to select “ENET CFG,” then press the OK button:
7) New MicroLogix 1400's come setup to automatically obtain an IP Address using BOOT-P, as shown below:
NOTE: The display will not show a message stating that for this change to take effect the Micro will need to be power cycled. We will do this after entering our IP Address.
14) Now you're finished setting up the MicroLogix 1400's IP Address. As noted above, for the changes to take place you will need to cycle power to your Micro.
15) If you prefer to return to the I/O Status display, press the ESC button until you see the main menu, and then select “I/O Status” and press the OK button:
I hope the above procedure on how to set a MicroLogix 1400's IP address using the LCD was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Editor's note: If you work in the industrial automation field and would like to share your experiences with our audience, please contact us using this form: Contact Us. If we publish your article we'll send you a $30 Amazon gift card (or equivalent via PayPal) in appreciation for your efforts!
- P+F USi-Safety Rated Ultrasonic Sensor (P87) - January 19, 2022
- IFM CR1203 HMI Controller: Initial Setup & Adding Ethernet IO in CODESYS - January 6, 2022
- Happy New Year! - January 1, 2022