The MicroLogix 1400's LCD display allows access to many of it's features and functions.
In today's article, we show you how to use it to enable channel 0's default communication settings.
NOTE: When “Default Comms” is enabled, the MicroLogix 1400's Channel 0 serial port is toggled back to the factory default settings. These settings include the DF1 Full Duplex protocol, a baud rate of 19.2K, and CRC error checking. When “Default Comms” is disabled, Channel 0 returns to the currently loaded program's settings.
Enabling Default Comms on the MicroLogix 1400
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
3) Next, press the down arrow button four times to select “Advanced Set,” then press the OK button:
6) You should now see the message, “Comms config set to DF1 default.” You should also see the DCOMM indicator displayed near the top left of the LCD.
8) To disable DCOMM, select Disable and press the OK button. You will then see the following confirmation message:
I hope the above procedure on how to use the MicroLogix 1400's LCD display to enable “Default Comms” was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 70K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form or by calling our office at 413-749-4300.
- New SIEMENS Products From This Week's Virtual Tour - May 20, 2022
- Sharing Data Between A-B Programmable Controllers - May 19, 2022
- Stepless Multi-Variable Closed Loop PID Tuning from PiControl (P102) - May 18, 2022