The MicroLogix 1400's LCD display allows access to many of it's features and functions.
In today's article, we show you how to use it to enable channel 0's default communication settings.
NOTE: When “Default Comms” is enabled, the MicroLogix 1400's Channel 0 serial port is toggled back to the factory default settings. These settings include the DF1 Full Duplex protocol, a baud rate of 19.2K, and CRC error checking. When “Default Comms” is disabled, Channel 0 returns to the currently loaded program's settings.
Enabling Default Comms on the MicroLogix 1400
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
2) To enable “Default Comms,” we need to access the LCD menu. To do this, press the ESC button and you should see the display below:
3) Next, press the down arrow button four times to select “Advanced Set,” then press the OK button:
4) Here, press the down arrow button once to select “DCOMM CFG,” then press the OK button:
5) Now press the up arrow button once to select “Enable,” and press the OK button.
6) You should now see the message, “Comms config set to DF1 default.” You should also see the DCOMM indicator displayed near the top left of the LCD.
7) Press the OK button to clear the message and return to the menu.
8) To disable DCOMM, select Disable and press the OK button. You will then see the following confirmation message:
9) To return to the I/O Status display, press the ESC button until you see the main menu, and then select “I/O Status” and press the OK button:
I hope the above procedure on how to use the MicroLogix 1400's LCD display to enable “Default Comms” was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Automation Morning Show for March 31, 2023 - March 31, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 30, 2023 - March 30, 2023
- Prosoft EtherNet/IP to DH+ Gateway (P147) - March 29, 2023