The MicroLogix 1400’s LCD display allows access to many of it’s features and functions.
In today’s article, we show you how to use it to enable channel 0’s default communication settings.
NOTE: When “Default Comms” is enabled, the MicroLogix 1400’s Channel 0 serial port is toggled back to the factory default settings. These settings include the DF1 Full Duplex protocol, a baud rate of 19.2K, and CRC error checking. When “Default Comms” is disabled, Channel 0 returns to the currently loaded program’s settings.
Enabling Default Comms on the MicroLogix 1400
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
3) Next, press the down arrow button four times to select “Advanced Set,” then press the OK button:
8) To disable DCOMM, select Disable and press the OK button. You will then see the following confirmation message:
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
- Automation This Week for September 30, 2023 (W011) - September 30, 2023
- News for September 29, 2023 (N116) - September 29, 2023
- News for September 28, 2023 (N115) - September 28, 2023