The MicroLogix 1100's LCD display allows access to many of it's features and functions. In today's article we show you how to use it to change this PLC's mode:
Changing the MicroLogix 1100's mode
1) When the MicroLogix 1100 is powered on, it powers up displaying I/O Status seen below:
In the above picture you can see this PLC is in the “remote run” mode since the RUN LED to the left of the LCD is on, and on the top right of the LCD Display you can see the word “REMOTE.”
2) To change this Micro's “mode” we first need to access the LCD menu. To do this, press the ESC button and the menu below will be displayed:
3) Now press the down arrow button twice to select “Mode Switch,” and press the OK button:
4) Here, select the “mode” you would like to change MicroLogix 1100 to. We will choose “Program” in this example. Next press the OK button:
5) Now you can see the RUN LED indicator to the left of the LCD is off. And the text in the top right of the LCD has changed to “PROG.” This indicates we have successfully change our MicroLogix 1100's mode from “remote run” to “program” using its LCD display:
6) To return to the I/O Status display, press the ESC button until you see the main menu, and then select I/O Status and press the OK button:
I hope the above procedure on how to use the MicroLogix 1100's LCD display to change it's mode was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Automation Morning Show for March 24, 2023 - March 24, 2023
- First Look: Red Lion's New NT5000 Gigabit Industrial Ethernet Switches - March 24, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 23, 2023 - March 23, 2023