Update: Click HERE for the latest procedure to download RSLogix Micro, RSLinx Classic, and Emulate 500
Free is good
[artadrr-micro-e]One of the best kept Rockwell secretes is for the last few years they have offered RSLogix Emulate 500 for free.
With this software, you can test your SLC-500 or MicroLogix programs right on your PC, without the need to connect to a physical unit.
And Emulate also supports “debug” files, a sort of reverse ladder logic used to simulate what happens as the process runs.
NOTE: 02/11/2015 – Article updated to reflect Rockwell website changes
How to find
While RSLogix 500 Emulate is free, if you attempt to download the latest version using Rockwell’s website you’re prompted for registration information only those who purchased the software have.
To avoid this dead end, follow the below steps to download RSLogix Emulate 500 from Rockwell’s website for free:
1) Navigate to www.ab.com:
2) Select Product Compatibility and Download Center under Quick Links:
3) Select Find Downloads:
4) Type in “Emulate” in the product search box, and then press enter:
5) Select “RSLogix Emulate 500,” then version 6.0
6) Next click on “Downloads”
7) Select the small picture of a red arrow and hard drive:
8) Select “RSLogix Emulate 500 6.00.00” under Product Add-ons. You may have to also select “download cart”
NOTE: At this point you may be asked to login. If you don’t already have a free account go ahead and create one and log in so you can continue with the download.
9) Accept the terms:
10) Next select “Direct Download”
11) Now select the link to download RSLogix Emulate 500:
Note: Below you’ll find a screenshot of Rockwell’s website showing which versions of Windows 7 RSLogix Micro 8.3 is supported on:
For information on other operating systems check out Rockwell’s compatibility website using the link below:
I hope you find the above steps to freely download RSLogix Emulate 500 from Rockwell’s website helpful.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to leave them with us by filling in the “Leave a Reply” form at the bottom of this page.
Need personalized help? For as little as $25 per month you can get direct access to ask me Rockwell PLC, HMI, and SCADA questions! Learn the details at Patreon.com/Automation