In yesterday's article we discussed how you can get a free, twenty-one day trail license of TIA Portal directly from Siemens' Website.
Today we'll take a look at a special “2020” promotion Siemens is running to help those working from home obtain a full copy of TIA Portal for just $35!
To be clear, this is a limited time promotion with a focus on helping those users working remotely, and the license for the software will expire in December 2020.
Still, $35 to gain access to TIA Portal for six months is a great deal, and something I wanted to share with you all right away.
UPDATE: This promotion ends July 31st, 2020, so don't wait too long!
Now the first thing you'll want to know about this package is the catalog number which I'll list below:
Officially, it's described as “TIA Portal Promotion Package 2020,” and it's a “download only” version of the software which includes STEP 7 Professional V16, STEP 7 Safety Advanced V16, and WinCC Advanced V16.
To see the product in the Siemens industry mall, use the following link:
While you can add it to your cart there, you'll also notice there's no “checkout” option.
This is because Siemens sells through its authorize distributors, which we detail how to find in our previous article here.
If you're new to Siemens and pickup a copy of TIA Portal to explore what they have to offer, I'd suggest checking out our previous coverage here, especially the below articles and videos created to help new users:
- Siemens S7-1200 Overview
- Creating your first Siemens S7-1200 Program
- Creating your first Siemens S7-1500 Program
- Siemens Basic HMI Product Overview
- First Time Using A Siemens Basic Panel
- First Look: Ultrasonic Sensor with IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs UC250-F77-EP-IO - September 20, 2021
- Solve Difficult Detection, Tracking, and Lighting Vision Applications with Next Gen Smart Cameras (P77) - September 16, 2021
- First Look: Productivity 2000 PLC Starter Kit - September 13, 2021