Welcome to part seven of the nine part series covering my choices for the top new PLC and HMI products shown at Rockwell's Automation Fair 2017.
The New GuardLogix 5580:
This includes a high performance embedded EtherNet/IP port directly on the processor.
GaurdLogix 5580 Part Numbers:
- 1756-L81ES -3.0 MB Std, 1.5 MB Sfy, 100 Nodes
- 1756-L82ES -5.0 MB Std, 2.5 MB Sfy, 175 Nodes
- 1756-L83ES – 10 MB Std, 5.0 MB Sfy, 250 Nodes
- 1756-L84ES – 20 MB Std, 6.0 MB Sfy, 250 Nodes
If you'd like to know more, check out Jimmy Alvarez's YouTube video below:
So what do you think?
Do you use Safety PLCs, and if you do will you be migrating to the GuardLogix 5580?
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 70K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form or by calling our office at 413-749-4300.
- Interviewing Marc LeVine on Job Skills Needed in Industrial Automation (P108) - June 30, 2022
- PLCs: Past, Present, and Future - June 24, 2022
- How To Download Rockwell's Integrated Architecture Builder (2022) - June 23, 2022