Welcome to part seven of the nine part series covering my choices for the top new PLC and HMI products shown at Rockwell's Automation Fair 2017.
Note: While this series covers the products in which I'm most interested, you'll find all the new products listed in Rockwell's guide HERE.
The New GuardLogix 5580:
By utilizing the 5580 architecture, the new GuardLogix 5580 will be able to provide faster system performance and larger capacity when compared with their previous offerings.
This includes a high performance embedded EtherNet/IP port directly on the processor.
The new product also offers more scalable safety, with SIL2/PLd possible using the GuardLogix 5580 processor, and SIL3/PLe possible by adding the 5580 Safety Partner to achieve 1oo2.
GaurdLogix 5580 Part Numbers:
- 1756-L81ES -3.0 MB Std, 1.5 MB Sfy, 100 Nodes
- 1756-L82ES -5.0 MB Std, 2.5 MB Sfy, 175 Nodes
- 1756-L83ES – 10 MB Std, 5.0 MB Sfy, 250 Nodes
- 1756-L84ES – 20 MB Std, 6.0 MB Sfy, 250 Nodes
If you'd like to know more, check out Jimmy Alvarez's YouTube video below:
So what do you think?
Do you use Safety PLCs, and if you do will you be migrating to the GuardLogix 5580?
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us by clicking on the “post a comment or question” link below.
- First Look: MOXA Ethernet Switch, EDS-2005-EL - March 4, 2021
- New “Logix Live™” Online Training Course coming March 16th - March 1, 2021
- PLC Training: Free and Trial Programming Software - February 22, 2021