The MicroLogix 1400 includes an Ethernet port with a fixed MAC address, as well as a settable Ethernet IP address. In today's article we'll show you how to find both.
Finding the MAC address on a MicroLogix 1400:
1) Thankfully, each MicroLogix 1400 comes with its unique MAC address stenciled on it. To find it, remove the battery compartment cover on the right side of the Micro:
2) At the very bottom of the compartment, directly under where the battery goes, you'll see the MicroLogix 1400's MAC address. The MAC Address of the unit pictured below is: 00:1D:9C:A4:92:97.
Finding the IP and MAC address of a MicroLogix 1400 using the built-in LCD:
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
6) Now you will see displayed the MAC address followed by the IP address of your MicroLogix 1400. The model below shows no IP Address as it's brand new and is set to automatically obtain an address via BOOT-P.
I hope the above procedure on how to find a MicroLogix 1400's IP and MAC address was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 70K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form or by calling our office at 413-749-4300.
- ControlLogix and Studio 5000 Update from Rockwell Automation (P114) - August 10, 2022
- Get Data From MicroLogix via Modbus and NET-AIC? - August 8, 2022
- Can You Manually Reset A PLC Timer? - August 5, 2022