The MicroLogix 1100 includes an Ethernet port with a fixed MAC address, as well as a settable Ethernet IP address. In today's article we'll show you how to find both.
Finding the MAC address on a MicroLogix 1100:
1) Thankfully, each MicroLogix 1100 comes with it's unique MAC address stenciled on it. To find it, remove the battery compartment cover on the right side of the Micro:
Finding the IP and MAC address of a MicroLogix 1100 using the built-in LCD:
1) When the MicroLogix 1100 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
2) To find the Micro's IP and MAC address using the LCD, we need to access it's menu. To do this, press the ESC button and you should see the display below:
3) Next, press the down arrow button four times to select “Advanced Set,” then press the OK button:
4) Here, press the down arrow button twice to select “ENET CFG,” then press the OK button:
5) Now you will see displayed the MAC address followed by the IP address of your MicroLogix 1100.
6) To return to the I/O Status display, press the ESC button until you see the main menu, and then select “I/O Status” and press the OK button:
I hope the above procedure on how to find a MicroLogix 1100's IP and MAC address was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- SMC EX600 Industrial Wireless (P66) - December 2, 2020
- First Look: Distance Sensor with Analog Out and IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs OMT600-R200-IEP-IO-V1-L - November 24, 2020
- Automation Fair: My Session Picks (so far) - November 19, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments