Last month Rockwell released version 8.2 of FactoryTalk View Machine Edition, and below we detail its new features:
- Electronic Signature Function to secure and record actions during runtime
- Enhancements to inactivity timeout functions found under project settings
- Transfer Utility support for MobileView products
- Switching languages now possible during design-time
- Using the object explorer you can now hide or unhide objects from your display during design-time, which makes editing complicated screens (like PlantPAx faceplates) much easier.
- You can now choose the project resolution (or target PanelView Plus) when creating a new project
Expanded functional capability
- New Chart ActiveX control which works with two user-defined data types (UDTs),
- CSVDataLog ActiveX control which supports up to a 250ms logging rate, and includes tamper detection strings.
- CSV Data Log Tamper Detection Utility checks log created with above ActiveX to determine if it was tampered with.
- Alarm messages containing commas did not export correctly
- Application names contains more than 28 characters could fail to restore
- PanelView Plus 7 Standard terminals with DLR support were not recognized in the device tree
Find out more about ViewME 8.2
If you would like to view the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 8.2 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on and then select FactoryTalk View.
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
So, what do you think of the new features in ViewME 8.2?
Will you jump on 8.2 right away because of one of the added features?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by submitting the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- First Look: Distance Sensor with Analog Out and IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs OMT600-R200-IEP-IO-V1-L - November 24, 2020
- Automation Fair: My Session Picks (so far) - November 19, 2020
- Automation Fair Virtual Networking Tour - November 17, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments
Do you have any information on the ME Chart Control ActiveX, or know where to look? I cannot find anything--mainly I need to know what the UDT(s) are, but I'm sure other information will be important as well.
Thank youGood morning Ryan,
Looks like there is a lot of information in this free public tech note:
Does it answer your question?
Shawn Tierney, The Automation Blog