Last month Rockwell released version 8.2 of FactoryTalk View Machine Edition, and below we detail its new features:
- Electronic Signature Function to secure and record actions during runtime
- Enhancements to inactivity timeout functions found under project settings
- Transfer Utility support for MobileView products
- Switching languages now possible during design-time
- Using the object explorer you can now hide or unhide objects from your display during design-time, which makes editing complicated screens (like PlantPAx faceplates) much easier.
- You can now choose the project resolution (or target PanelView Plus) when creating a new project
Expanded functional capability
- New Chart ActiveX control which works with two user-defined data types (UDTs),
- CSVDataLog ActiveX control which supports up to a 250ms logging rate, and includes tamper detection strings.
- CSV Data Log Tamper Detection Utility checks log created with above ActiveX to determine if it was tampered with.
- Alarm messages containing commas did not export correctly
- Application names contains more than 28 characters could fail to restore
- PanelView Plus 7 Standard terminals with DLR support were not recognized in the device tree
Find out more about ViewME 8.2
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
So, what do you think of the new features in ViewME 8.2?
Will you jump on 8.2 right away because of one of the added features?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by submitting the “post a comment or question” link below.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.