Happy Anniversary, PLC Basics!
Five years ago this month, on May 2nd, 2014, my Kickstarter campaign to create an affordable PLC video course was successfully funded thanks to forty five awesome people who believed in my vision to produce affordable PLC training for the masses.
At that time I was an automation specialist, a job I had been doing for well over twenty years.
The job required that I attend factory training a few times each year, and then shared what I learned with local users through demonstrations, training, and troubleshooting.
During my years in that role it wasn't uncommon for Technicians, Electricians, and even Engineers to ask me if we offered affordable training options they could purchase on their own to learn how to program and troubleshoot the PLC, HMI, and SCADA products I specialized in.
In almost every instance the only honest answer I had was no, since the factory training options weren't what most individuals would consider “affordable.”
That's not to say there wasn't the occasional exception.
Once such exception was the “MicroLogix 1000 Starter Kit” which included a MicroLogix PLC, programming software, a programming cable, and CD of hands-on labs bundled together for just $125.
But aside for the occasional offering, most of the time I didn't have any affordable training materials to offer individuals to purchase.
That's what lead me to the idea of launching a Kickstarter campaign to produce my own affordable PLC video training course.
And with the backing of forty five friends, family, colleagues and philanthropists, I received the funding needed to produce my initial course.
Since then, I've released several more courses, many of which still cost less than the price of average video game:
- Using CCW with AB VFDs $25
- MicroLogix “PLC” Core Basics, $29
- MicroLogix “PLC” Basics Second Edition $59
- PanelView Plus “PVP” Core Basics $59
- Micro800 “Nano” Basics Standard Edition $59
- CompactLogix “Compact” Basics Early Access $59
So on the anniversary of my successful Kickstarter campaign, I want to extend a heartfelt “thank you” to those forty five people who helped me bring PLC Basics to life.
Micro Programmable Controller Basics (aka PLC Basics)
- Karen L. Tierney – Senior Exec. Producer
- Alexander Ponce-Bonano – Exec. Producer
- Andrew Barker – Exec. Producer
- Stephen J Tierney III – Exec. Producer
- Robert A Zeigenfuse – Exec. Producer
- John Weber – Exec. Producer
- Alan Carty – Exec. Producer
- Brett Truett – Exec. Associate Producer
- Kevin Tierney – Associate Producer
- Randolph Ames – Associate Producer
- Adam T – Associate Producer
- Jeffrey Turcotte – Associate Producer
- Steve Tierney – Associate Producer
- Marie C Lapham – Associate Producer
- Ryan Justen – Associate Producer
- Randall Powell
- Frank Riordan
- Anthony Wood
- Scott Steves
- Michael O'Brien
- David Koons
- Paulo Marafuga
- Amy Sluis
- Egan Company
- Ryan Thompson
- Jim Ralston
- John McGilvreay
- William K Butter
- Efren Holguin
- Richard Timperio
- Yoel Rodriguez
- Melissa Bukouricz
- Raymond Coe III
- Jason Mahan
- Merrill Desrosiers
- Brian Gildersleeve
- Linda Gazaille
- Jaime Wyatt
- Rhea Pannell
- Raymond Gazaille
- Pamela Leary
- Steven D. Garrison
You can view the original Kickstarter campaign HERE.
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments