In today's episode of The Automation Show, I setup a 515RTAENI DF1 to Ethernet bridge from Real Time Automation.
For more information, check out the “Show Notes” located below the video.
The Automation Show, Episode 3 Show Notes:
NOTE: Would you like your product featured on the Show and Blog? If you would, please contact me at: https://theautomationblog.com/contact
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- SIMATIC Real-Time Locating Systems (P61) - September 9, 2020
- Using Siemens S7-1200 Signal Modules (S48) - September 3, 2020
- Air Amplification Technologies For Automation (P60) - September 2, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments
I have a new customer with several Allen Bradley PLC's on site. 4 are SLC 5/03, 1 is a MicroLogix 1000. The RS232 port is being used on the SLC 5/03's to connect to an HM. The DH485 port, the RJ45 port, is not used. The MicroLogix has nothing connected to the mini din 8 port. I am looking for the best option to connect all 5 to ethernet for remote access/programming. At this time we are not planning any information exchange between units but having that option in the future might be nice. I have done some Google searching and found some info on products that no longer seem to be available. Hoping you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Have a great and blessed day.
JAQGood morning @LcAuto,
Thanks for your question.
As you probably have found, it's not easy to find DH-485 to Ethernet converters, and every option I can think of isn't cheap 🙁
A few options that come to mind are:
1) Put all of the SLC's (using 1747-AIC) and MicroLogix (using 1761-NET-AIC) on a shared DH-485 network (Belden 9842, 4000ft max), then use a 1756-DH485 module (with 1761-NET-AIC) to bridge the DH485 to Ethernet with a 1756-ENxx module.
2) Assuming you can't move the HMIs to the DH-485 port, use a DF1 port splitter (1747-DPS1) on each controller and then use the above515RTAENI