In today's episode of The Automation Show, I setup a 515RTAENI DF1 to Ethernet bridge from Real Time Automation.
For more information, check out the “Show Notes” located below the video.
The Automation Show, Episode 3 Show Notes:
NOTE: Would you like your product featured on the Show and Blog? If you would, please contact me at: https://theautomationblog.com/contact
Enjoy the benifits of membership! Insider news, rewards, & more: Patreon.com/automation
If you enjoyed my article, you may like my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Have a question on this topic? Click here to scroll down to the comment link
Have a news tip? Share it with us here
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- PanelView 800 to MicroLogix, CompactLogix, & SLC-5/03 over DH-485(Video S34) - February 19, 2020
- Automate In Style: Check Out Our New T-Shirts! - February 18, 2020
- PanelView Plus to ControlLogix, SLC-5/04, & PLC-5 over DH Plus (Early Access) - February 17, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments
I have a new customer with several Allen Bradley PLC's on site. 4 are SLC 5/03, 1 is a MicroLogix 1000. The RS232 port is being used on the SLC 5/03's to connect to an HM. The DH485 port, the RJ45 port, is not used. The MicroLogix has nothing connected to the mini din 8 port. I am looking for the best option to connect all 5 to ethernet for remote access/programming. At this time we are not planning any information exchange between units but having that option in the future might be nice. I have done some Google searching and found some info on products that no longer seem to be available. Hoping you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Have a great and blessed day.
JAQGood morning @LcAuto,
Thanks for your question.
As you probably have found, it's not easy to find DH-485 to Ethernet converters, and every option I can think of isn't cheap 🙁
A few options that come to mind are:
1) Put all of the SLC's (using 1747-AIC) and MicroLogix (using 1761-NET-AIC) on a shared DH-485 network (Belden 9842, 4000ft max), then use a 1756-DH485 module (with 1761-NET-AIC) to bridge the DH485 to Ethernet with a 1756-ENxx module.
2) Assuming you can't move the HMIs to the DH-485 port, use a DF1 port splitter (1747-DPS1) on each controller and then use the above515RTAENI