Compact Basics Level 1 is designed for those students who are already familiar with PLCs, and would like to learn how to setup, program, and troubleshoot the CompactLogix family of Small Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs) using RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000
NOTE: This course is similar to our ControlLogix “PAC Basics” course, as both the ControlLogix and CompactLogix program using the same software, RSLogix 5000 aka Studio 5000 Logix Designer. The major difference is you will learn how to configure, setup, and use CompactLogix hardware in place of ControlLogix hardware.
- Understanding the design and different models of CompactLogix
- The difference between RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000
- How to size a system and choose components
- How to configure Controllers, I/O, and Communications
- How to setup Ethernet, Serial DF1, and USB drivers in RSLinx Classic
- How to setup, configure, and edit RSLogix/Studio 5000 projects
- How to add, edit, and test Local I/O, and Distributed Ethernet I/O
- Understanding Controller and Program tags
- How to create and edit Tags and Aliases
- How to setup, configure and edit Tasks, Programs, and Routines
- Understanding how Ladder Logic differs in CompactLogix when compared with other A-B PLCs
- How to create, test, run, and troubleshoot Ladder Diagram Routines.