Get free Tech Support and Training Courses:
Since launching my own business, I've received many requests for free email, phone, and in person technical support.
I've also had quite a few request for free or low cost vouchers for my training courses.
So in today's article entitled “Free,” I list the top free resources available:
Free Tech Support:
As an automation consultant I offer free consulting via my website, TheAutomationBlog.com.
If you have a technical question, just find an existing article on a related topic and post your question as a comment.
Then if I or another reader knows the answer you'll often get a response within a day or two.
What about free email, phone, and live consulting?
I currently do not offer free consulting via email, phone, or in-person.
I do offer paid consulting services at a rate of $100 per hour, and you can find out more about the services I'm currently offering at InsightsInAutomation.com/consulting
NOTE: Rockwell does offer some free support services, and last time I checked they included:
- Free telephone tech support on Component devices including the Micro800, as well as on Software Activations
- Free online tech support via chat on Component devices including the Micro800, as well as on Software Activations at www.ab.com
- Thousands of free Tech Notes in their knowledgebase at www.ab.com
- Free user to user support forums at www.ab.com
- And many Rockwell distributors also offer their customers free phone and in-person support as well
Free and Discounted Training Courses:
As an automation trainer I offer free and discounted training courses on my website, TheAutomationSchool.com.
And while not all of my courses are offered for free, many are listed at discounted rates.
I do also offer custom online paid training services at a rate of $100 per hour, and you can find out more about the training services I currently offer at InsightsInAutomation.com/consulting
NOTE: Rockwell does offer some free training courses, and last time I checked they included:
- Local Rockwell “on tour” courses
- Regional Rockwell Automation on the Move trade shows
- Annual Automation Fair
- Note: Most of the training documents from the above sessions can be downloaded for free from www.ab.com
- Note: Many Rockwell distributors also offer free and low cost training to their customers.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Manufacturing In America Show Preview (P146) - March 22, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 22, 2023 - March 22, 2023
- PLCs vs PACs: Did Digi-Key get it right? I'm not so sure… (qa0316) - March 21, 2023
I am a retired electrical engineer. I can build you a power substation, but know nothing about PLC’s. I want to learn. I am doing some part-time work that involves loading programs fro SD cards to A/B compact plc and PanelVeiw 700. I saw the course on basic PLC training, but was unable to find the format of training. Is this a class room video on real time or do you send videos that I can watch and review ( I’m in my 60’s and have to play a second time to understand sometimes-lol) or something different? I plant to take all of your courses.
Thanks in advance,
Thanks for your patience! If you have any more questions or problems at all please don’t hesitate to drop me another email!