RSView32 allows for security to be assigned to Tags, Screens, Commands, and Macros.
But, unless you have the activity bar turned on, there is little feedback when you try to change a tag value on which you don’t have security for.
The latest versions of RSView32 will now turn the input field “Red” if you don’t have the right permissions, but sometimes even that is not enough, and it also doesn’t address buttons which change bit values.
The good news is it’s really easy to create a small VBA script to display a small popup based on the last message logged to the activity bar.
This demo looks for the string, “does not have security” which is part of the message that gets logged when you try to change a tags value without proper permissions, and when it occurs it launches a pop-up.
- RSView32 Version: 6.30.16
- Additional Requirements: 1024×768
- I/O Size: 0
- File Size: 255KB
- Uploaded on: 04/27/03
- Developed By: Shawn Michael Tierney
Download Link: Security Popup Demo 2
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
If you found this content helpful, consider buying me a coffee here.
- December 5 News: 50kg Robot, Ex Tablet, IOLink, Ethernet-APL, MQTT QOS, Logix/View Docs & more (N150) - December 5, 2023
- November 30 News: TIA Portal v19, Productivity Suite 4.1, Industrial Strip Light, OPC Pub/Sub & more (N149) - November 30, 2023
- MOXA’s New Industrial Computers (P181) - November 29, 2023