As a follow-up to the free VMware Workstation course I released earlier this month, I'm proud to announce the release of a new free course, PAC Getting Started.
In this course I cover the major questions asked by those using the CompactLogix or ControlLogix for the first time.
Topics covered in this free course include:
- An overview of the ControlLogix and CompactLogix hardware, including the unboxing of a brand new controller.
- An overview of the software required to program either the CompactLogix or ControlLogix, including a look at what you get when you order Studio 5000 / RSLogix 5000.
- A review of firmware and software versions
- Step-by-step video showing how to setup RSLinx communications over Serial, USB, and Ethernet
- Things you need to know before flashing a processor's firmware, as well as the steps you take to do it
- How to create, download, and run your first program
- How to force I/O
- How to use a Timer and Move instruction
- How to use a Sequencer instruction
- How to message data over Ethernet
If you or someone you know would like to take this free course, just head over to TheAutomationSchool.com and select the PAC Getting Started course.
And if you're interested in getting a 50% off coupon on our full Logix course, visit us at PAC-Basics.com for more information.