The MicroLogix 1400 includes an Ethernet port with a fixed MAC address, as well as a settable Ethernet IP address. In today's article we'll show you how to find both.
Finding the MAC address on a MicroLogix 1400:
1) Thankfully, each MicroLogix 1400 comes with its unique MAC address stenciled on it. To find it, remove the battery compartment cover on the right side of the Micro:
Finding the IP and MAC address of a MicroLogix 1400 using the built-in LCD:
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
6) Now you will see displayed the MAC address followed by the IP address of your MicroLogix 1400. The model below shows no IP Address as it's brand new and is set to automatically obtain an address via BOOT-P.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
- Industrial Computers from Global American (P78) - September 24, 2021
- First Look: SCALANCE XC124 Unmanaged Switch from Siemens - September 22, 2021
- First Look: Ultrasonic Sensor with IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs UC250-F77-EP-IO - September 20, 2021