The MicroLogix 1400 includes an Ethernet port with a fixed MAC address, as well as a settable Ethernet IP address. In today's article we'll show you how to find both.
Finding the MAC address on a MicroLogix 1400:
1) Thankfully, each MicroLogix 1400 comes with its unique MAC address stenciled on it. To find it, remove the battery compartment cover on the right side of the Micro:
2) At the very bottom of the compartment, directly under where the battery goes, you'll see the MicroLogix 1400's MAC address. The MAC Address of the unit pictured below is: 00:1D:9C:A4:92:97.
Finding the IP and MAC address of a MicroLogix 1400 using the built-in LCD:
1) When the MicroLogix 1400 is powered on, it displays the I/O Status screen as shown below:
2) To find the Micro's IP and MAC address using the LCD, we need to access its menu. To do this, press the ESC button and you should see the display below:
3) Next, press the Down Arrow button four times to select “Advanced Set,” then press the OK button:
4) Here, press the Down Arrow button twice to select “ENET CFG,” then press the OK button:
5) Now in the Ethernet Configuration menu select “Status,” and press the OK button.
6) Now you will see displayed the MAC address followed by the IP address of your MicroLogix 1400. The model below shows no IP Address as it's brand new and is set to automatically obtain an address via BOOT-P.
7) To return to the I/O Status display, press the ESC button until you see the main menu, and then select “I/O Status” and press the OK button:
I hope the above procedure on how to find a MicroLogix 1400's IP and MAC address was helpful.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections, please feel free to leave them with us by filling out the “post a comment or question” link below.
Enjoy the benefits of membership! Patreon.com/automation
Check out my affordable courses: TheAutomationSchool.com
Ask me questions by clicking here to go to the comments link
Have an industrial automation news tip? Share it with us here
- SMC EX600 Industrial Wireless (P66) - December 2, 2020
- First Look: Distance Sensor with Analog Out and IO-Link, Pepperl+Fuchs OMT600-R200-IEP-IO-V1-L - November 24, 2020
- Automation Fair: My Session Picks (so far) - November 19, 2020
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments