In this article I'll walk you through the process of looking up Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software Catalog Numbers and Prices by downloading, installing, and using the free Proposal Works application.
Start by navigating your web browser to www.ab.com:
2) Once there, search on “Product Selection Toolbox”:
3) Then select it from the results:
4) Now on the bottom of the PST webpage select Download (EXE):
5) Once downloaded, double click on the installer. When you get to the “Select Features” screen be sure, at a minimum, you have “Proposal Works” selected. Then complete the installation:
6) Once the install is done, you'll be prompted to run the “Current Updater” so the pricing and catalog number listing in Proposal Works is up to date:
7) Insure “Proposal Works” is selected before clicking on “Check For Updates”:
8) If there are any updates for “Proposal Works,” be sure to click on “Get Selected Updates”:
9) Once Proposal Works is installed, launch it. Then use the “keyword filter” field near the top left of the program to search for the product in question. Next, double click a product category from the filtered list below:
10) This will launch a selection wizard to help you find the exact version of the product you're looking for, along with any accessories you might need:
11) After you click on accept, you'll see the product catalog number and list price shown in the “Equipment List,” as can be seen in the CompactLogix 5380 example below:
12) The image below shows an example of a MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 equipment list:
13) This next image shows an example of a RSLogix Micro Start Lite equipment list. It is the programming software used to program the entire MicroLogix family of PLCs:
If you'd like to watch a video demonstration of the above, check out Episode 19 of The Automation Minute Season 4 below:
I hope you've found the above information on how to find Allen-Bradley parts and pricing helpful.
If you have any questions, or would like to comment on the above article, please feel free to click on the “post a comment or question” link below.
The Automation Blog is focused on sharing how-to information and news about industrial automation products. If you'd like to submit an article for publication, please contact us here. If you have a technical question, please contact us here. If you are a vendor and would like to see your product or product news featured, please contact us here. And if you would like to advertise on our site, please contact us here.