Last month Rockwell released version 8.2 of FactoryTalk View Site Edition, and below we detail its new features:
- Switching languages now possible during design-time
- Using the object explorer you can hide or unhide objects from displaying during design-time
- When setting up Trend pens, you can now choose to show the chart with the logarithm scale to base 10
- Run-time options for trends now allow users to export data to a CSV file.
- You can add caption text which appears on the on-screen keypad for numeric and string input objects.
- Parameter Tags were not being correctly passed to TrendX.
- Polygon Global Objects were not always holding position
- Multistate Indicator sometimes did not display the images correctly
- An SE button using /t parameters or string literals was passing all caps
what is entered in the string literal entry
- The HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer was defaulting to showing yesterdays alarms
- View Studio stops working or crashes when using invoke command with TrendX templates
- View SE Clients could time out when using CurrentUserHasGroup() for visibility
- When first run, the AlmG_ShelvedAlarmsExist function was ignoring Normal, Acknowledged, Shelved alarms
Find out more about ViewSE 8.2
If you would like to view the FactoryTalk View Site Edition 8.2 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on and then select FactoryTalk View.
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
So, what do you think of the new features in ViewSE 8.2?
Will you jump on 8.2 right away because of one of the added features?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by submitting the “post a comment or question” link below.
Latest posts by Shawn Tierney (see all)
- Episodes Of The Automation Minute Now Available! - November 12, 2019
- Insider News: Prepping for Automation Fair - November 8, 2019
- DH-485 Comms Hardware and RSLinx Setup (Video, TAS 25) - November 5, 2019
Click HERE to scroll down to view or leave comments