Last month Rockwell released version 8.2 of FactoryTalk View Site Edition, and below we detail its new features:
- Switching languages now possible during design-time
- Using the object explorer you can hide or unhide objects from displaying during design-time
- When setting up Trend pens, you can now choose to show the chart with the logarithm scale to base 10
- Run-time options for trends now allow users to export data to a CSV file.
- You can add caption text which appears on the on-screen keypad for numeric and string input objects.
- Parameter Tags were not being correctly passed to TrendX.
- Polygon Global Objects were not always holding position
- Multistate Indicator sometimes did not display the images correctly
- An SE button using /t parameters or string literals was passing all caps
what is entered in the string literal entry
- The HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer was defaulting to showing yesterdays alarms
- View Studio stops working or crashes when using invoke command with TrendX templates
- View SE Clients could time out when using CurrentUserHasGroup() for visibility
- When first run, the AlmG_ShelvedAlarmsExist function was ignoring Normal, Acknowledged, Shelved alarms
If you would like to view the FactoryTalk View Site Edition 8.2 release notes, head over to Rockwell's Product Versions webpage and search on and then select FactoryTalk View.
Once all the versions are listed, click on the document icon as shown below:
So, what do you think of the new features in ViewSE 8.2?
Will you jump on 8.2 right away because of one of the added features?
You can share your thoughts and opinions by submitting the “post a comment or question” link below.
Until next time, Peace ✌️
Shawn M Tierney
Technology Enthusiast & Content Creator
Have a question? Join my community of automation professionals and take part in the discussion! You'll also find my PLC, HMI, and SCADA courses at TheAutomationSchool.com.
Sponsor and Advertise: Get your product or service in front of our 75K followers while also supporting independent automation journalism by sponsoring or advertising with us! Learn more in our Media Guide here, or contact us using this form.
- Automation Morning Show for March 24, 2023 - March 24, 2023
- First Look: Red Lion's New NT5000 Gigabit Industrial Ethernet Switches - March 24, 2023
- Automation Morning Show for March 23, 2023 - March 23, 2023